Free School Meals
Did you know... just registering your child for Free School Meals means that the Academy gets extra money?
Register now to make sure we don't miss out.
The Government is giving money to schools/academies to help children from lower income families do their very best. This finding is called 'Pupil Premium'.
For every student registered for Free School Meals at Grestone Academy, we will receive extra funding.
With this money, we could enhance the facilities available to our students in many ways; this could be by assisting students with the cost of a school trip, revision guides, transport costs, revision sessions and general resources.
Students can register for Free School Meals if they receive any of the benefits listed below. Registering for free school meals will not affect any other benefits you are claiming. Please register soon to make sure your child does not miss out.
her clarification about any aspect of the above, please do not hesitate to contact us.
How does it work?
- First, check if you qualify - it is not just if you are unemployed, so please refer to the list below.
- If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that's great - they will get the free meal (saving you more than £409 a year), extra benefits and the Academy gets extra funding per qualifying student.
- If you do not want your child to have the school meals they can continue as normal - as long as you qualify and are registered, the Academy still gets the extra funding.
Do you qualify?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you are receiving any of the benefits below:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit
- The Guarantee element of State Pension
- Employment and support allowance