Grestone Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Parents can feel confident that careful procedures are in place to ensure that all staff and volunteers are suitable to work with children. We strive to ensure that parents and children feel free to talk about any concerns or worries which may affect educational progress and that they will see the school as a safe place. Children will be taken seriously if they seek help from a member of staff. At times we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child’s welfare.
Ms S Foulkes, Deputy Head of School, is our Designated Safeguarding Lead.
She is supported by a team of DSLs:
- Miss Y Akhtar - Pastoral Manager
- Mrs D Bains - After School Club Supervisor, Breakfast Club Supervisor & Lunchtime Supervisor
- Mrs R Holmes - Assistant Head of School: EYFS & Year 1
- Mrs E Ravenscroft - Head of School
- Mrs A Sansi - Assistant Head of School: Years 2 - 4