So that your child does well at Grestone Academy, it is really important that they attend school every day. Within school we support this to happen in a variety of ways including:
- Making sure your child feels welcomed, valued and connected within school.
- Ensuring we record attendance and communicate with parents when it falls below a certain level.
- Supporting you to overcome barriers stopping your child from attending school regularly
- Working closely with the Local Authority and Attendance support services to take action when attendance is poor
- Using all our resources to support you in any way we can to ensure your child’s attendance is good.
- Contacting you regularly when your child is absent to ensure we fulfil our safeguarding duties.
This section of the website gives necessary support and information regarding your child’s attendance and punctuality.
|What is persistent absence?||Is my child able to take leave during term time?|
Arriving on time
It is really important for your child to get to school on time. Learning begins as soon as they arrive so any lateness means they are missing out on valuable learning time.
The gates open at 8.40am and children are allowed in to school at 8.45am. ALL children must be in school by 8.55am when the gates close and the register is completed.
If your child arrives after this time, you will need to take them to the main office entrance and sign them in. This will incur a late mark in the attendance register, which will then be recorded on your child’s attendance record. Please do all you can to make sure your child arrives at school on time so they don’t miss out.
End of Day arrangements
At the end of the day, your child needs to be collected from the correct exit point at 3.15pm. Children can become very upset if the person collecting them is late so please make sure you are on time. The exit points will close at 3.25 after which your child will be escorted to the main office entrance to be collected from there. If you are aware you will be late please contact the office.
Please make sure the office are notified of anyone authorised by you to collect your child, as we will not allow them to leave with anyone you have not given us permission to collect.